Mold Problems? Remove Mold And Mildew Safely
Mold is an unpleasant fungal growth that can lead to serious health, and it is an extremely common problem in homes all around the world. Unfortunately, some of the mold removing chemicals available over-the-counter cause more harm than good and contain toxic ingredients. If you’re looking for a safer option to mold remediation in Bethesda, consider the following safer and non-toxic mold killers.
Distilled white vinegar is a safe and effective remedy for mold and mildew. However, it does have a rather strong aroma which can turn people away from using it. This is really a shame since vinegar has a wide array of uses, including degreaser and odor remover, and the smell of vinegar will dissipate quickly. Fill a spray bottle with distilled white vinegar and directly spray the mold. Let the vinegar sit for about 10 minutes before wiping the surface clean with a damp rag.
Tea Tree Oil
This essential oil is great for many uses, both medicinal and household, and it is a wonderful alternative to chemical-filled mold killers. To use tea tree oil, fill a spray bottle with water and then add 10 drops of the essential oil. Attach the lid to the bottle and shake gently for a few seconds to mix the essential oil with the water. Spray the homemade mold killer directly to the affected area and scrub with a scrub brush. Spray the surface with the mixture once again and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before wiping clean with a damp rag.
Bleach is well known for its ability to kill mold and mildew. However, chlorine bleach can pose a serious health risks for children, adults and pets. This is where oxygen bleach comes in handy. Oxygen bleach works similar to chlorine bleach in many ways without the dangerous chemicals. In fact, you can use oxygen bleach around plants without fear of harming them, which cannot be done with chlorine bleach since it will damage and even kill vegetation. To use oxygen bleach, simply mix ¼ cup of the powder with 1 cup of water. Dampen a rag in the mixture and scrub the mold off the surface before rinsing the surface clean with water.
Getting rid of mold and keeping it at bay will require addressing any moisture problems you may have in your home. This means that any leaky pipes and excessive humidity in the air will need to be fixed.